Seven Roles for One President

http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/article/seven-roles-one-president
Seven Roles for One President
1. We labeled our first page "title" and placed the title of the article on that page.
2. We then labeled 7 pages at the top with super hero #_ and the bolded role and # from each of the 7 roles.
3. My students copied each roll together on each page to give them their description & we discussed each role. 
4. I explained that for someone to pull this off, they need to ensure that they are being a Role Model. 

#1. Chief of State for example says its an honor to shake their hand. No matter if you are a Red Sox fan, a Mets fan, or a Rays fan... You can appreciate Jeter. He is a great player, but also an all around good player. Now, on the other hand, A-Rod is not someone I would like my kid to look up to. Although I can appreciate that he has records without enhancing drugs, I do not want that to represent my team. My family is from New England and I am a New England sports fan for all teams BUT when it comes to baseball. So I used the example of my Mom watching Jeters last game to honor the sport and the player. No matter if you like the person or not, they are doing a job that most can't do.

5. My students then make their notes into a live Presidential super hero comic strip. The President swoops in to perform each role under its description. 


Comments